VACANCY: HEAD OF WATER MANAGEMENT
Water is essential to people, communities, ecosystems, businesses and our cultural wellbeing. As a scarce resource, the stewardship of this precious commodity is top of mind for New Zealand businesses who are dependent on its availability, in the right volumes, at the right time.
With over 30 years experience in irrigation, water control systems, irrigation design and parts supply, Parkland have taken a strategic step and combined our existing capabilities into a newly formed Water Management Department; we are on the hunt for its leader.
As a proven and inspirational leader, your capacity to influence the future of the organisation’s interests in this sector will be key to your success. Equally, an ability to drive collaboration with organisations and individuals to support the implementation of the water management strategy, and change the systems, processes, attitudes and behaviours, to support it, will be critical.
Our ideal candidate has the following in spades:
- Leadership and strategic vision, with operational capability to see vision through to implementation and delivery. You’ll lead the strategy, planning, profit and loss budgeting, and reporting of the water management department, and provide sound leadership to drive results from a highly capable group of technical individuals.
- Market intelligence and opportunity identification: you’ll have the skills and capability to monitor competitive activity and constantly evaluate and redefine Parkland Product’s water management value proposition to ensure we’re differentiated, competitive and adding value to New Zealand businesses.
- Strong capability to motivate, empower, and develop a high-performance team based on excellence in service and delivery.
- Create and maintain important relationships with customers, industry stakeholders, other departmental managers and personnel to win business and delight customers.
Ideally, you’ll also:
- Have practical experience with highly technical products and services, even better if it’s within the greater realms water management and control.
- Have project management experience, and the ability to plan and manage resources and communications over the longer life of projects.
- Be bold and committed to overcoming obstacles to see through strategies and plans.
We are looking for a hands-on business leader with excellent leadership and relationship management to take us into the next exciting phase of our business’s growth and development.
If you tick the boxes above, then please apply with your CV and covering letter, ensuring you talk to the above points in your covering letter to tell us how your talents can help us with the above mentioned opportunities.